The UK 1.3 GHz or 23cms allocation runs from 1240 to 1325 MHz with the centre of the narrow band operating segment at 1296.100 MHz. The 1300-1325 MHz section is unique to the UK and used by a number of ATV repeater outputs.
See the RSGB 1.3GHz band plan for full details.
There are a number of narrow band beacons in the 1.3 GHz band - see this page for an up to date list. There are also a number of licensed voice repeaters in the band which provide useful off air narrowband ID signals
The UK has a series of FM Voice repeaters and as well as some 23cm D-Star DV/DD systems. ETCC
- Current List: 23cm UK Voice Repeaters
- Current List: UK 23cm TV Repeaters
1.3 GHz Equipment
23cms is a great band to get an introduction to microwaves and several equipment manufacturers make transverters for 1.3GHz:
Have a look at:-
- SG Lab http://www.sg-lab.com/TR1300/tr1300.html
- Kuhne Electronic https://shop.kuhne-electronic.de/kuhne/en/shop/converter-transverte/transverter/
- Down East Microwave https://www.downeastmicrowave.com/
- Minikits http://www.minikits.com.au/23cm-Transverter
There are a number of "build yourself" articles on the Web such as
From the ARRL archive try, http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Technology/microwave/23cmxv.pdf
The excellent W1GHZ website has some simple to build designs. http://www.w1ghz.org/MBT/multiband.htm